4.07.2022

Bombs, QALs and SALs, Oh My!

It’s progress report time.


The fourth block in the Botanical Beauties BOM, tulips, is done. 


Don’t tell the others but this one is my favorite. So fun, so easy, so mistake free! Four down, eight to go and I’m loving it.


Things aren’t going quite so well on the Glitter Ball Bomb BOM. The center block/column, with the circles, is done and I’m ok with it. But the two outer columns, with the half-circles, have to be frogged and redone. The circles are ok (although they were a PITA to sew) but the seams are off, making the strip curve badly along its length. Going to wait for April 15, when the next block instructions come out, and work on all of it at once. 


Annnndddddd, I might have signed up for another sew-along - oops, make that two more.


I’m using ‘Carolina Lillies’ for the fabric on Around The Lake and planning to make the baby size for a wall-hanging. . . Unless I really like sewing it. Then, I’ve got enough fat quarters to make the queen size. Whoo!

 All made from the same pattern. 

Now I just need to decide which layout and color order I want to do. 

Love how many different possibilities there are.


I bought the FPP pattern for Shimmer and Shine the day it came out - so pretty! - but was going to wait awhile to actually make it. 


Then they offered a rainbow version, just for peeps in the sew-along. Yep, I’m in. Who could resist?? I think I’m only going to make 1 block, for a wall-hanging. Or maybe 4, for a bigger wall piece. Or . . . . . 

Stay tuned.

1 comments:

Vickie Graham said...

How do you find out about these great classes? Surf the internet?