1.02.2022

The Plan, 2022 Edition

Almost every year I write a list of things I want to make and projects I need want to finish, sometimes to keep me on track and sometimes to have something to look back on and laugh. Crossing my fingers this is a finish-it year. 
 January’s workshop - “Crazy Tula”

My goal for new projects is to take more classes and make smaller things - wallhangings, mini quilts - rather than big quilts. We cleared some wall space so I could hang a few quilts . . . and I had almost nothing to use. Need to fix that. (I think everyone in the family is tired of getting quilts. I asked one of the grand-girls if she wanted another quilt - “Uh, no?” 😂)


First up to finish up: Hawaiian Rainbow and UFO#2 just need bindings, which I started yesterday. Both should be done this week and in the mail shortly thereafter. Yay! (Done 1/8/22)


I started these umbrellas in 2016 (here and here). I love this project and only need a few more to complete that last row. Definitely going to work on this. (Wouldn’t this look great using Tula Pink fabric?? May need to make another . . . .) (Done 2/24/22)


I stopped working on the 2021 temperature quilt (here) at the half-way point in July. Love this one too, plus it will fit our bed when it’s done. Am I going to make another for 2022? Nope - been there, (halfway) done that.


Poor polar bear just needs the appliqués stitched down (here). He’ll look great as a wallhanging - two goals in one project! (Done December 2022)

New to do in ‘22: 


I joined the Botanical Beauties sew-along, using the fabric Wenona gave me last year. (Done, February 2023)

I like foundation paper-piecing but my skills are weak. A year’s worth of practice ought to fix that, right??


Rachel gave me the Dreamy Dan pattern for my birthday and I love him so.much. Even if he will have to live in my craft room so hubby won’t have to see him. 😂


This one’s a huge commitment and I think I’m afraid to start it. Probably explains why it’s been sitting on a shelf for a year. 


I fell in love with this koi fabric in Colorado. Maybe use it in this quilt wallhanging? (Done February 2023)



There’s more on my list but this should give me enough to do till February . . .


1 comments:

Vickie Graham said...

Holy cow you are ambitious! Does just standing in the doorway of my sewing room earn me any points? That koi fabric is breathtaking.