1.22.2022

Just Barely

I’m calling this my “just barely” quilt.



I bought - and started making - this kit quilt in January 2020 and finally finished it, just in time for Valentine’s Day 2020 2021 2022.


I made juuuuuuust enough binding - 


having only 1.5” left after joining the ends is cutting it a little close -


and had barely enough thread to finish the quilting (and no back-up spool).


Hubby helped me take pictures today 


and had a hard time holding on to this 


because of course it’s one of the windiest days of the year. 


And back in the good old pre-pandemic days, I apparently thought pattern instructions were more like ‘suggestions’ and didn’t notice my ‘design decisions’ until this was quilted and ready for binding. 

 Planning to add some embroidery to fill in the open spaces. 

Good grief. Still, finished is better than perfect . . . right?


0 comments: