12.31.2021

Oh My Stars Quilt

My final finish for 2021 - “Oh My Stars”, named for my SIL’s favorite expression, which I love.


This one is 62x76”, made from flannel and cotton, with a super soft flannel back, and it’s all mine! (I may have splurged a bit on the backing, but it’s so pretty and soft!)


I started this kit quilt in February (here), and made a bunch of “mistake blocks” (here) after I goofed up one block and decided I liked it better than the original. 

 “Mistake” block

Sent it for long-arm quilting in March (here) . . . and it’s been sitting ever since, waiting for me to make the binding. How embarrassing.

 My new single-feed-dog walking foot made especially for sewing bindings is awesome!

I was determined Stars was going on this year’s “completed” list, so I sat down this afternoon  with my new (non-exploded) walking foot,


a box of iron-on sewing tape and got it done. Taping it felt like cheating but I’m much happier with the results.


A quick trip through the laundry and I’ll be sleeping warm in the new year. Happy 2022, y’all!

1 comments:

Vickie Graham said...

Love it...looks so cozy!