1.15.2022

Geese On Top

January is shaping up as all FPP, all the time. (FPP= foundation paper piecing)


Today’s workshop was “New York Beauties and Flying Geese” and if I hadn’t spent the last week working on a different FPP project (below) I probably would have dropped out in the first 30 minutes. Definitely not a beginner class.


But I ended up having fun and learned quite a bit. Best bit of advice? When sewing curves, “geese always go on top.” Made me laugh - which means I’m more likely to remember it, right? 


I finished two blocks today 


and have a plan for the final two. So much fun! 

 Lily was not amused that I was sitting in “her” chair

I also finished Block#1 in the Botanical Beauties FPP block-a-month series.

 Bee Balm

It’s been over 10 years since my last FPP adventure so I thought making a test block might be a good idea.  


Holy moley (Jac’s current fav expression) was it ever! Pretty sure I made every mistake in the book and invented a few new ones. 


Good grief. 


But I feel a lot more confident and comfortable with the technique. Now I just need lots more time so I can make allllllll the paper-pieced things on my wish list!


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your fabrics are stunning!