1.23.2022

Six Years In The Making

This has been sitting since March 2015, top done, quilt-sandwich made, just waiting to be quilted. 



I started Valentina - and her sister, Irish Lass (here), which did get finished - during a paper-piecing class at Quilt Ventura (I miss that shop!), but I wasn’t sure how I wanted to quilt her so . . .  she sat, folded away, until now.

 Irish Lass, with very basic ‘in the ditch’ quilting

A few hours of worry walking-foot quilting, 


a touch of decorative stitching*, 


some stitch-in-the-ditch binding (I’m getting better!), 


and voilá - 

 Holiday appropriate backing 

another wallhanging finished, just in time for Valentine’s Day. 



* I’m not sure I like the decorative stitching - I couldn’t control where the stitch pattern began/ended in relation to the registration marks so it looks a bit wonky to me - but hey, if you don’t try, you don’t learn. 

1 comments:

Vickie Graham said...

I think your decorative stitching adds the perfect touch to your border. Very cool!