1.09.2022

Hawaiian Rainbow

This one is finished, boxed and going in the mail tomorrow. 

It was originally going to be a star (here and here), but I think this brick design shows off the color changes so much better. 


The backing is one of the prettiest I’ve ever found. The accent colors match the front almost exactly - and it was on sale! How often does that happen?!? (Sales are really helpful when you need 4+ yards just for the back.)


The colors and pattern on the front fabric reminded me of Hawaii, so we went with Hawaiian flowers for the quilting on this 68x79” beauty. (That’s 5.5’ x 6.5’ - great size for wrapping up by the fire.)

Despite problems along the way (here), this turned into one of my all time favorite quilts. Normally, I don’t struggle with sending quilts off to their new homes, but I’m really going to miss this one. Hope the recipient loves it too.   


0 comments: