1.16.2022

Humbled

I admit I was feeling a wee bit cocky sure of myself after yesterday’s class,

 Pretty baby flying goose

so today the FPP gods set me straight. 


I made this arc not one, not two 

 Nope. Still nope. Finally!

but THREE TIMES before I got it the way I wanted. (And yes, #1 and #2 are identically wrong. Good grief.)


But in my defense, when working with foundation papers, you not only work from the back


you have to also turn them upside down to get the arcs aligned correctly. I really (really!) need to remember this for next time.


Front


Back


Trimmed and ready to go.  


Also for next time - remember to sew just inside the lines so the geese points stay sharp. 


1 comments:

Vickie Graham said...

I have done a lot of paper piecing...definitely have to think backwards. So worth the finished product though. Your geese and background fabrics are incredible.