4.30.2014

April's Twelve in Fourteen

I love a challenge, especially a year-long, get stuff done, with deadlines challenge. As of today, thanks to Marti at 52 Quilts, I have 2 finished quilts this month, for a total of 3 quilts and 1 bag for the first quarter of 2014. Yay!!

I finished the top for Mary's quilt - my goal for the month - on the 6th (here). And now it's been lonq-arm quilted - with butterflies! - 
 
binding attached, 
 
washed, dried and ready to go to its new home. 
 
I suppose I could count that as a 2nd UFO for the month, especially since I thought it would be next month's project.
 
Leanne helped me take the finished pictures. 
  
Isn't she cute? 
 
And silly? Mary picked the backing fabric for her quilt and it is every bit as colorful as it appears in the photo. Made it very interesting to pick a binding color.

I also finished another UFO quilt top, this one for ME (blogged here)
 
 I love these bright colors.
 
I made a pieced backing, my first ever "fancy" back. 
 
The mermaid fabric doesn't quite match the front fabric, so this is the perfect way to use both.
click for bigger

This one's at the long-arm quilter now. Once I get it back, I'll only need to attach the border, wash it, dry it and throw it on the couch. Just in time for So. California's first heat wave of the season. Timing is everything.

1 comments:

kwiltnkats said...

I'm totally with you on challenges and deadlines for an entire year. I especially like having a list of unknown challenges never knowing just what you'll be asked to accomplish that month. Makes you really think about what's going on that list you create at the beginning! You've done a great job on your projects. Looking forward to your #9...Back to Aunt Marti's Parade. Sandi