4.13.2014

Another UFO No More

My second completed UFO for the month. Whoo!
Finished size: 52 x 72"

I bought the fabric at Roxanne's over a year ago (here) and finished the quilt top the same week. All I needed were the borders.
  
And it sat . . . and sat . . . and sat . . . .
 
Until this week when I finally got the remaining pieces cut, sewn, ironed and admired.
  
I loved this fabric from first sight and - unusual for me - knew exactly how I wanted the finished quilt to look. And it does.
 
What's changed are my plans for the back. In my mind, I see a narrow panel with alternating orange and fish prints (like the blocks on the front, but smaller) and a center strip featuring a fussy cut mermaid from another fabric I bought at Roxanne's, placed off-center across the backing fabric. Kind of excited to see if I can make this work.  

0 comments: