3.04.2024

Baby, Baby

Those Tula squares from yesterday’s post kept calling my name, so Saturday I made this

after ripping it apart when the proportions didn’t look right the first time around. 

Not enough size contrast between top and bottom

Then Sunday I took the remaining squares - did I mention I had a lot left over from my niece’s quilt?? - and made this based on a picture (no pattern that I could find.)

I love how sweet it is, so I’m sure I’ll be making more. 

I knew I wanted borders, but not how wide to make them, so I let the fabric decide -

my 3/4’s of a yard yielded 8 strips at 3.5” wide, with only teeny thin scraps left behind. Perfect. 

Tula Blocks, 38x42”, and Tula Star, 38.5” square, will both go to my guild’s community projects (unless someone I know claims them?)


And I still have more of those &#$$& squares left! 😂

1 comments:

Vickie L. Graham said...

You sure have an eye for color! I love seeing your projects!