1.13.2020

Quilty Update

Saturday was a grand-free day, so while hubby worked on the stairs for the bunk bed he’s building Leanne and Jaclyn,  





I made progress on various quilty projects. 


Tula Nova is hand-appliquéd down and ready for the next step,


which is c.a.r.e.f.u.l.l.y. cutting out the inner circle of fabric so I can remove the remaining papers and get this ready for long-arm quilting. Hoping to have it completed by April, which will be a year from the workshop. Pretty fast for a hand-stitched project.


The Challenge quilt is coming along.


Lily “helped” by guarding my needs-to-be-cut pile.


She’s lucky to still have a tail after swishing it repeatedly over my in-motion rotary cutter. Good thing she’s cute.


And as long as I was cutting half-square triangles, why not sneak in this Valentine’s Day mini I just bought (I had a coupon! I couldn’t say ‘no’.) Just needs sewing together, and borders and quilting and binding. Piece of cake. 


Lastly, the first set of papers for my temperature quilt was too big (1 3/4” didn’t sound that large when I ordered them), so I made a few 1” papers to get going while I wait for the second order to arrive. This represents the first three days of January; each tumbling block finishes at 2” tall by 1 3/4” wide and I only need 363 more. This is going to be fun! Seriously. 

0 comments: