7.28.2019

Hippos and Toucans and Zebras, Oh My!

(July 29, New photos added at the end . . .)

This came home with me on quilt run 2019, the only fabric I bought without knowing how I was going to use it.

 Junglemania- Wildflowers by Mia Charro

I knew I’d regret not buying it and that was reason enough to bypass this year’s (totally arbitrary) Run Rule of “no plan, no purchase”.


I wanted to keep this just as it was, rather than cutting it into pieces for a quilt, so I bought some monkey flannel and used a Missouri Star tutorial to make a TV watching blanket for the baby grands.


Quick and easy. Plus, it gave me an excuse to use the fancy stitches on my sewing machine. Bonus!

ETA: It’s a hit! Both Jac


and Leia 


claimed it for their own today. Fortunately at separate times. Looks like this blanket will get lots of use. (Leanne was busy practicing her quilting but she likes the blanket too.)




0 comments: