6.01.2019

Quilt Run #6

It took two days but quilt run #6 is done. 


On Friday, I drove three friends 386 miles - almost exactly 13 hours and a full tank of gas - so we could shop 7 of the 10 quilt stores on the Central Coast Shop Tour. (We actually hit 8 stores since who could pass up Birch in Paso??)

 Quilt panels for Isaac, Marie, Rachel and Me!

That covered the northern section of the run, Buellton to Paso Robles.


Then I bribed hubby with lunch on the beach to go with me to the last three stores in Ventura, Carpinteria and Santa Barbara. (He brought along a good book ...)

 Orange background fabric and a few jellyfish for the under-construction aquarium quilt. 

My goal this year was to only buy things for which I already had a plan.

 A 4th of July wallhanging or two 

None of my usual “but it’s so prettyyyyyyyyyy” purchases. 

 Christmas snow globe quilt

And I pretty much stuck to that. (I was surprised too.)

 Background fabric and a few more Shibori squares for the Jewel Box/Treasure Chest quilt

These background fabrics will go into the ‘some day’ pile 


but I couldn’t say no to such great deals, especially that awesome narwhal print at 50% off.


The only true, ‘must have because it’s pretty’ purchase was this - 


and Jackie’s going to LOVE it.

0 comments: