7.29.2019

Baking and Sewing

Leia decided to break in her new apron - handmade by Aunt Teena -



by baking her (and our) favorite cake.


While the cake was cooling, she (impatiently) watched a movie* with Pop


giving me time to finish the top of a mini quilt I started last week. 


This began as an experiment in how to use the mini QCR ruler and book I bought awhile back. I planned to make just the lower left panel (2 birds, 2 leaves) but I liked it so much I kept going. 

 Music notes for the stem

Out of the 16 designs in the book, I’d love to make at least 10. 


And I probably need to get the regular size ruler and book too . . .

* Tonight’s choice - based on Leia’s request for the board game for her upcoming birthday - was the 1985 classic “Clue”, starring Eileen Brennan, Tim Curry, Madeline Kahn, Christoper Lloyd, Martin Mull and Leslie Ann Warren. Silly and fun, with some very good actors.


0 comments: