11.03.2012

Almost, Almost, Almost Christmas

Hubby won't let me put Christmas decorations up yet, but I can still make them in anticipation of the coming season.
  
I finished this quilt-as-you-go wall-hanging in a class today at my local quilt store. It was supposed to be a 5 hour class, but it took me 6 to finish - and bless my teacher for staying with me that extra hour. I still need to do the binding - I'm comfortable doing that on my own - but all the new-to-me, tricky stuff is done.
  
The original class sample was embellished with beads and baubles, but I wasn't interested in doing that so I chose shiny metallic fabrics that look festive all on their own, and added my favorite poinsettias as the backing panel.
  
I bought enough fabric to do two of these, so now I just need to work up the courage make the time to get it done.

2 comments:

Vickie said...

Fabulous. Your corners are great!!!

captainhook said...

The Christmas wall hanging looks great! And the pics of your family are adorable too.