8.16.2006

The Great Kitty Hunters

The girls have discovered a new pastime, one that fascinates all three of them equally. For the past few weeks, a small brown bird has been sitting in the tree outside my studio, heckling the cats through the screened window. She prances from branch to branch for an hour or so at a time, jeering at which ever cat is keeping watch. And she's always in the area closest to the window. (No nest; I checked.)She is so loud that today Dick heard her from the front of the house and came to see what was going on. The cats take turns, almost in shifts, 'stalking' her. They lay by the window, tail swishing, ready to pounce. AJ even talks to the bird, chittering as if to say 'here, little birdie; come a little closer, little birdie." (I'm not crazy - I have witnesses! It's one of the funniest things I've ever seen.)
I'm sure they see themselves as the Great Kitty Hunter. Heaven knows what would happen if they actually had a chance at that bird. Knowing these three, my money's on the bird.

Yarn Tails Tags:,

1 comments:

April said...

Ok I fully believe in the noises your cats make at the birds. I hear it everytime the blue jays tease Abbie through the window. She sits in the window chattering her head off! It's the strangest...and most wonderful thing in the world. I miss my kitties being kittens some times. I just realized the other day that they both are about 8 years old now. My how the time flys!