8.25.2006

Another Baby FO!

I still have to weave in all the ends, but these booties are basically done. I'm really pleased with how they turned out. They are just like big people socks (with gussets and turned heels and shaped toes) - just much, much smaller. They go with the camo slouch hat I finished earlier this week. I still have 2 skeins of this yarn left; I'm trying to decide whether to make a baby poncho or a sweater to go with this set. I'm thinking poncho - it just says 'Daddy's Little Hunter' to me more than a sweater.
But I remember why I gave up crocheting doilies - holding this thin sock yarn is causing my hands to cramp badly. For my next project, I'm planning to work on an afghan or something - anything - that uses *thick* yarn.

(Tech Details: "E" crochet hook. Yarn is Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock, 80% superwash wool/20% nylon, in color #708-Camouflage. Hat and booties are both "Precious In White" from American School of Needlework's "Special Delivery" book. I really like this book; the patterns are well written and easy to follow. And cute.)

Yarn Tails Tags:, ,

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

The camouflage things are so cute. Has John seen these pictures?
Way to go grandma!