4.03.2013

My Elise

This pattern has been in my Ravelry queue since about 2009. 
I loved the look, but something always seemed to push ahead of it when it came time to pick a pattern.
 
Until I bought the perfect yarn recently at Loop and Leaf in Santa Barbara - Louisa Harding's Amitola.
 
The pattern is a simple, 2-row repeat. I made a couple of modifications - left out the oddly placed triple crochet, and made it longer - but otherwise did it as written. 

 
Love how it turned out. And the yarn is stunning; soft, easy to work with, blocks beautifully.
  
Leanne was kind enough to model the finished project for me.
 
She was feeling a little better Easter afternoon and enjoyed getting out of the house with me for a few minutes, even if it was lightly raining. 
 
Leia and Addy have both modeled shawls for me, but this was Leanne's first time.
 
I think she did a pretty nice job. 

0 comments: