Wonderland Two-fer
Wonderland has not been nice to me lately. One block gave me so many problems - and looked so bad when it was done - I tossed it in the trash. It was definitely operator error, not the pattern, which didn’t make me feel any better. 😜
I just wanted this project done, which is funny since the two blocks I finished tonight are among my favorites. First up - Bromeliad by Thimbles and Needles. Swap in Christmas colors and it makes a great Christmas cactus.
I enlarged it slightly - from 7” to 8” - and had to do a bit of cut and paste since it wouldn’t fit on one page. Worth it!
Second block is Candle by Maddie Sews. So simple and I love how it turned out.
Next will be getting the blocks close to the same size.
The biggest is 8.5” (finished 8”) and the smallest is just under 7” (finished 6.5-ish). Then add a bit of sashing and it’ll be ready for longarm quilting. And maybe ready to hang at Christmas…





0 comments:
Post a Comment