Garden of Stars BOM
So when I found her group on Faceb**k, and learned she leads a free annual BOM of new designs just for group members, I couldn’t sign up fast enough.
Making fabric decisions is the hardest part for me. Too much second-guessing…
This year’s project started July 1 but I was trying to finish the birds - and Jac was here - so I’m just now getting going.
First quarter of Alternating block done.
July’s homework was to make 12 ‘alternating’ blocks that will go between the monthly stars. I made one today, with fabrics entirely from my stash, to test colors and design choices. I love this block so much, I’d be happy to have an entire quilt made just with it.
Really not sure about that black - the copper flecks aren’t working for me. Use it because it’s in the stash and hubby likes it? Or break my ‘rules’ and go shopping?
Now I need to check if that deep violet batik is going to bleed… should have checked it before I started but who thinks of that when Start-itis is upon you??

0 comments:
Post a Comment