8.07.2026

Garden of Stars

I’m still not thrilled with the black and copper print for Garden of Stars so, since we were coming home by way of Simi today, we made a quick-ish stop at Quilty Pleasures. 

The hexi dots on the left is not usually my thing but I love this. And may have bought all that was left on the bolt…

Anyone surprised I bought more than just the black fabric* I needed? Hubby even got involved, bringing bolts to the counter ‘just in case’ I might need like them. 

I’ll make a test block to be sure, but I think I’m going to like this Steampunk Halloween fabric much better. 

This is Teena’s fault. She told me about an online sale at Jordan fabrics and how could I resist? Everything except the collection of blue fat quarters ⬆️ was part of a one-pound mystery bag of batik ‘leftovers’. I love a sale and a mystery, plus was curious if the cuts would be scraps or actually useful. 

Most are useful sizes and only a couple are colors I really don’t like. Lots of possibilities - maybe use the top bunch in a bright scrappy quilt or the green fat quarters (bottom left) in a HST project. Would I buy the mystery bag again? Maybe if it was on sale…


*Simi shop yardage. 


0 comments: