6.30.2024

Bind and Seal

After a weekend spent binding quilts, 

the final step was my version of the poor gal’s vacuum seal - 

stuff ‘em in a zip-lock bag, sit on it to squish out the air and zip it closed. Easy peasy. 

I accidentally discovered that 2 lines of stitching when attaching the binding makes the glueing and folding go soooo much faster. Fast enough to make it worthwhile? Probably not … but it was interesting. 

Glue, fold, clip, iron, repeat.

(Why no, I was not going to rip out that first row of stitching that was too close to the edge . . . And yes, I am lazy like that. 😂)

I also switched out stitch-in-the-ditch for a serpentine stitch. So much quicker, easier and prettier. My new go-to . . . until I get bored and try something new. . . 


1 comments:

Vickie Graham said...

LOVE the idea of the serpentine stitching...very clever and so much easier. Going to CASE that idea