12.02.2021

Ho Ho Ho

With a bit of help from Jac,


the ping pong table and my favorite square-up ruler,


I managed to get this year’s Christmas quilt finished in record time (part 1 is here). 


But only because photos are due tomorrow 

 Christmas tree quilting

for my quilt guild’s “Front Porch Quilt Show”.

 Back

Working right up to the deadline, that sounds more like me. 


This thing is so big and heavy (I used extra thick batting) that attaching the binding became a marathon wrestling match…


until a chance remark by hubby lead us to put TV trays around my quilting table to support all the bulk. Genius! Should have done it years ago.


My tendinitis is still keeping me from hand-stitching bindings, and with 5 more quilts ready to be bound, I decided to try a new all-machine-stitched method I found on Jordan Fabric’s YouTube channel. (Here)


Stitch-in-the-ditch is slow going and this method isn’t as neat as handstitching, especially on the back (especially especially before I figured out what I was doing) but it’s good enough for a “me” quilt. And I’ll get better with practice, right?? I hope!

P.S. The quilt is washed, dried and hubby is sleeping under it tonight. ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•



0 comments: