12.24.2021

Traditions

With just hours to go, I think we’ve crossed most of our traditions off this year’s list.



Baking done. ✅ 


Leanne is our official zucchini bread baker - or “bikini cake” as Jac calls it. It’s an important position since this is Pop’s favorite holiday treat, made from his mother’s handwritten recipe. 


Christmas lights viewed. ✅


It was pouring rain - we got over 3” in 36 hours, highly unusual for our area - but the lights were (mostly) on so off we went. 


And found the inflatable we want for next year. 

House decorated. ✅


This entry hall table is where my favorite treasures go, including recent pictures of the grands, wax figurines I remember from childhood and decorations I inherited from my MIL.


Sewed (mostly) all night. 🚫


Wanted to but my walking foot broke, spewing tiny springs and metal bits everywhere. Soooooo annoying! I’ve never seen anything like this before. It’ll be interesting to see what my Janome dealer says when I go for a replacement. 


Annual peppermint hot chocolate acquired. ✅ We aren’t coffee drinkers so this my only exposure to St*arbucks. So yummmmmmy!

Merry almost Santa time from our house to yours!


1 comments:

Tanya R said...

Merry Christmas! Hope you have a fun day :)