11.18.2020

Murder Of Crows

Pandemic quilt number . . 8? I think? I’ve lost count; I need to go back and tally them up. 



This one is for Mary, who loves crows, moons and the color orange. I purchased the panel in July, at the same time I bought Leia’s bears, so this was a pretty fast finish.


The free pattern is “Midnight Moon” by Elise Lea for Robert Kaufman and was created to showcase this specific fabric panel. I’m already thinking of other panels I could use instead - maybe something Christmasy with flying geese in shades of green? 


My pal Debbie did the long-arm quilting. I thought the black background called out in the original pattern was too dark, so I was pleased when I spotted this purple print. If you look closely, it looks like tiny bird feathers. 


Now that it’s been washed, dried and had its beauty shots taken, this will head home with Mary tomorrow. Hope she has years of warmth and comfort with her crow buddies. 

0 comments: