11.20.2020

Forgotten Quilt

I missed one! 

 “The Thin Blue Line”

I started counting pandemic quilts and realized I’d never posted this one. 


I started it in early January as part of my quilt guild’s “The 3 T’s” challenge, planning to gift it to a friend afterward. 


Completed projects were due in March, just as COVID hit and guild meetings - and the challenge - were postponed indefinitely.


The required “3 T’s” were: use a technique new to you and 2 different types of embellishment.

I chose trapunto, behind the star, for the technique, 


and my embellishments were glued-on crystals (symbolizing fireworks)


and gold embroidery (for the gold braid on honor guard uniforms and flag stands).


I was well into my very square project when I was reminded that the finished hanging had to be rectangular, with a perimeter no larger than 120”. Sometimes last minute surprises aren’t a bad thing - I like this a lot better with the added blue line. 


The challenge was completed in August, during the Guild’s Zoom meeting, and I gave this to Wenona for her birthday in November. I was pretty pleased with how it turned out. 






1 comments:

Vickie Graham said...

Oh WOW!!!!!