10.10.2020

Updating . . .

It’s been quite quiet this week. Hubby was exposed to COVID a week ago Friday (masking and distancing protocols were being observed, thank goodness) so we’re taking a 14-day ‘vacation’ from the grandkids. And we each got to take one of these - 



fortunately we are both negative. We’re planning to test again later this week, just to be safe, before the kids come back next week.


So how are we spending all our unexpected free time? In between reading and napping, I finished the General’s Stars top. This is a Guild challenge, due October 20, to make a quilt using a layer cake. 

 My photo “studio” aka “the upstairs hall”

It’s not the prettiest thing I’ve made but it will look just fine on our bed and I won’t worry if the grands get it dirty. Fun fact - today’s layer cakes almost universally have 42 10” squares of fabric. This one, purchased in 2012, had 52. This is the biggest quilt I’ve made at 80“x88”.


I’m also working on a quilt for Mary that features flying geese. 

I’m determined to get over my fear loathing dislike of sewing these. I tried a few tutorials (including this one for making 4-at-a-time) before deciding on this one by Bloc-Loc


It’s not the fastest method but making oversized blocks and then trimming them to size works best for me. And I already  had the rulers. Bonus!


My plan is to finish Mary’s quilt this week so I can take it, Stars and Leia’s Bears quilt to My Pal Debbie for quilting as soon as we are off quarantine ‘vacation’. Crossing fingers ... 

1 comments:

Vickie said...

Let us know how this week's tests go--scary stuff! Love the colors in Mary's quilt.