1.24.2019

Quilt Show

Three of us drove 4 hours today (round trip) to visit Road To California, the largest quilt show in our area, and I come away . . . disappointed?



There were hundreds of vendors, many I’d never seen before, with all sorts of sparkly fabric and fancy do-dads (sparkly seemed to be the theme this year; lots of twinkling lights and metallic shimmers). But nothing made me think “I must have that!”


Oh well. It’s always fun to hang out with quilty friends and I didn’t come home empty-handed.


I picked up 2 thimbles, a printed pattern 


and a gorgeous koi fat-quarter from the lone Sashiko booth (KimonoMomo on Etsy);


and 4 yards of fabric from 2 other booths, 


including this cool ‘cheater’ half-square triangle fabric from Frond Design Studios. The booth samples were very interesting; hope this works out the way I’m picturing it in my head. 

0 comments: