10.11.2012

Aftermath

I felt the need for something fast and fun, quick and easy, after the afghan marathon so look what I whipped up in the past 24 hours. 
 
A super-soft blankie for Leanne, with a satin binding and a ballerina fairy for luck.
  
I did mention this was for Leanne, right? Not Leia, who has spent the day trying to claim it as her own.
  
She's going to be a tad upset when the blankie goes home with Leanne tonight.

This pillowcase kit has been in my stash for probably six months.  
The fabric was pre-cut, the instructions were easy - I just needed a few minutes where I could concentrate to get it done.
 
My first ever pillowcase -  
 
and first ever French seam -

 
I used the super-easy roll-up, or tube, method (shown here and video tutorial here.) Trust me, if I can figure this out, anybody can do it!
 
So fast and fun. I'll be going through the fabric stash this weekend so I can make more.

0 comments: