5.06.2011

Savannah, the Paula Deen Edition

I don't watch the food channels, so I was only minimally aware of Paula Deen - mainly from her appearances on The Tonight Show - until we hit Savannah, where she is PAULA DEEN.

IMG_0095.JPG

Her restaurant is a few blocks from our hotel, but we hadn't planned to eat there until our tour ended almost on her doorstep about 1:30 today, and the guide said now would be a good time to get a 'walk in' table, since reservations are almost always required. So, after a quick stop to buy umbrellas to fend off the pouring rain, we walked over and were seated on the 3rd floor after just a short wait.

IMG_0094.JPG

Turns out all my kids are Paula fans. So for them, here's what we had - and yes, it was every bit as good as you would expect from a world-famous chef's restaurant. Now I'm a fan too. (Sorry about the quality of the cell phone pix.)

Hoecake and cheddar garlic biscuits to start.

IMG_0089.JPG

The best crab stew I've ever had (heck, one of the best things I've ever eaten)

IMG_0091.JPG

Crab cake sandwich and fries for me

IMG_0092.JPG

And tilapia sandwich and fries for the hubby.

IMG_0093.JPG

And just to make sure we always remembered this meal, chocolate mousse pie with chocolate chips on top for dessert. Amazingly delicious!

IMG_0097.JPG

0 comments: