9.22.2024

Sew A Jelly Roll Day

Well, technically it was Jelly Roll Weekend but look what I finished!!

Since I was pressed (ha!) for time, I’d pre cut* (another ha!) all my pieces so that when 12:01 am Friday rolled around I could start sewing. 

I also picked a quick, easy pattern (here). My pals picked things that were more time consuming- 

Debbie is making Christmas trees

and Reyna has the cutest polka dot cats. Maybe next year I’ll up my game (although last year I did a complicated one…)

On the design wall, with half the column seams sewn

I thought this was going to be a charity quilt but… despite Jac telling me how ugly each color was (she has OPINIONS šŸ˜‚), I kinda like it. It may live here or become a gift… time will tell.

* Note to self: jelly roll bars cut at 2.5 x 6”, top piece cut at 4.5 x 2.5”.


0 comments: