9.05.2024

Next Up

I’m making this for a friend’s 94 year old WWII veteran dad. 

I also want to make one to donate, soooo… since I’m going to be cutting lots and lots of fabric to get a scrappy look, why not make 2 quilts at once?

Still need to cut the small squares for the star corners

I want it a bit bigger, so I get to redo the math too. It’s not a big deal, except for that pretty star that’s full of half-square triangles. I think I got the sizes right… but if not, it’s scrappy and I can fudge it until it fits, right???  (Why do I do this to myself??) Hoping that once the stars are done this will be a fast sew. A quilter can dream. 

My sister sent me a photo I’d never seen before, passed on from a cousin in Tennessee. That’s me, Teena and infant Donna, with our parents, at Easter 1957. Donna was born April 7, so I’m guessing this is late April. So cool. We were stylin’ in those hats and dressy coats. 

0 comments: