7.20.2024

One Done, Start Anew

Finished this on Friday, from a kit I bought in May and started sewing July 2.

Thought it would be a quick finish, 

but while I love the design and it’s an easy pattern (18” blocks! Whoo!), 

And yes, I fixed that seam…

the fabric frayed so much it was miserable to work with. Note to self: do not buy Confetti Solids Dapple Dots.  

I was torn about what to start next.

I love this pattern for a sew-along that starts in August - but cutting and sewing 392 individual 2.5” squares?? May need to think about that some more…

Instead, I pulled out the Shibori Jewelbox project I’ve had on the back burner since at least 2018 (bought additional fabric for it during the 2019 quilt run.)

Done: 126 half-square triangles from the 8 fat quarters.

Pending: 63 of these from the 2 charm packs, 

which are halfway to becoming 126 of these, using this tutorial.

Then it’s just a matter of sewing the blocks together. 

Easy peasy. Pretty excited to finally be working on this one. 


0 comments: