7.16.2024

Gifted x Two

Remember the two quilts that went in the mail earlier this month (here)? 

I sent them to Rachel, who passed them along to the recipients - 

Such a cutie

her BFF, Tanya, and Tanya’s granddaughter, Skyler. 
The star quilt has been in the works since March, when I was given the green leaf fabric and immediately headed to Roxanne’s for something to go with it.

 Competing for space in the design wall

I knew the pattern I wanted to make, 

 Quilted flowers and leaves

which should have made this a quick, easy project… 
 Binding and backing (on the right)

but then the sewing machine woes happened and it stalled for over a month. 

ABCDoggies, on the other hand, took me longer to decide on a design than it did to make the quilt. 
I was pretty happy with this when it went to the longarmer’s, but I was thrilled when it came back. Quilting really made it sparkle.
Bet you thought it would have dog bones, right? Nope! Quilted bunnies make everything better.
Added Skyler’s name in a couple of places for her to find (love that my new machine lets me do this), plus my new favorite curvy-stitch binding to finish it off. 

So happy these are in their new home - and hope they get a lot of use. 💕

0 comments: