2.26.2024

Bluey Blue Starburst

I told Jaclyn I was going to call this quilt “Bluey Blue” and she said “Grandmaaaaa” in that ‘I’m rolling my eyes at you’ tone she’s perfected. (She’s only 7!) 😂

60 x 72”

But Bluey is done and was gifted to my SIL at lunch today. I really like how the dark border makes this just glow. 

The backing is a gorgeous blue and purple mosaic 108” print. So glad I bought extra so I can use it on something else. (Can you tell my SIL’s favorite color is blue?)

The quilting is Texas bluebonnets in remembrance of her best friend, a true Texas girl at heart (and a truly lovely person), who passed away in December. 

It was a bit easier to see the flowers before I laundered it, but it’s sooooo much softer now. More info on this project is here


1 comments:

Vickie L. Graham said...

This posting has me weeping again. A picture of this quilt will go in the book I am planning to assemble of family heirlooms so the kids will understand the love behind this quilt.