1.27.2024

Longarmer Day

 Yesterday, I took four quilt tops to my longarmer pal.

I told her I was bringing 3… but finished the fourth at 2:00 am so it could go for a spa day too. Hey, sleep is overrated. 

First up - the “not fireflies” starburst quilt. Love these colors and the textured background. Don’t the lights look like fireflies in that top picture? This one is going to my pal, Reyna, in trade for a quilt she made. 

And another starburst! I’m experimenting with size, shape and borders. Really pleased with this one, the navy border just makes it glow. It’s kinda shocking how fast these get out-of-control size-wise. This one went from 48x48” to 60x72” with just one additional row on top and bottom, and borders. Next time, I’m making it bright orange and 100x100” for meeeeeeeeee. 

This started as a free Baby Stripes pattern a friend showed me, where you make those 1” stripes individually. Um, no? That’s what Tula Pink stripes are for!

43x43”

Pretty pleased with how it turned out - and it’s going to be even better with little bunnies in the quilting. Details here

No white stripes for Tula! Crazy fun color combos

The last one is an oldie but goodie. I made this back in September but didn’t have a recipient in mind. So, it’s getting little bunnies for quilting too and going as a gift to the new baby’s mama. Hope she loves it…



0 comments: