12.31.2023

Colorado Quilts

These are the last gifted quilts for the year. I finished them mid-December and Rachel’s family opened them just before Christmas while we FaceTimed. 

54 x 73”

For her birthday-new-bedroom-celebration quilt Addy had requested sunflowers and royal blue, picking out both the sunflower and red suns fabric before we left for home after Thanksgiving (here). 

The backing is an ombre mustard yellow, one of her fav colors, (I bought it on sale, on a whim, a week before our CO trip, figuring I’d find a use for it eventually…)

and the quilting is sunflowers, of course. 

I think she likes it. 

This one is my favorite. 50 x 63”

Several years ago, Rach gave me a couple of fabric panels and asked for quilts for John. They finally told me what they wanted to be, so John got an elk quilt

with blue backing 

and snowflake quilting,

54 x 65”

along with a deer quilt,

with snow-capped mountains quilting

and a black and white, Tlingit-style, animal backing fabric that I’ve been saving for years just for Addy and Rachel.

So happy I finally got to use it!


0 comments: