2.12.2023

Finish #1

This was my first finish of the year but I held off posting, trying to get a pic of it up on the wall.


But the new hanger is still a week out, so . . .

 One of my very favorite backings

Botanical Beauties is done!


I started this block-of-the-month-along in January 2022 (here)


using fabric Wenona gave me for my birthday a couple of years ago. 

 Favorite block. Do you know how hard it is to make a curve using only straight lines??!? Still think it looks like Dancing Groot from Guardians of the Galaxy. 

It quickly became my favorite project, one I looked forward to every month . . . right up until December when I ran out of steam. But I finished it! I learned so much about foundation paper piecing and I’m really, really pleased with how it turned out. 

Finished size: 52x56”. Links: FebruaryFeb2Feb3MarchAprilMayJuneJulyAugustAug2,  September (my fav)OctoberNovemberDecemberJanuary.

0 comments: