2.11.2023

Not Fancy

Finished Is Better Than Fancy is my new quilting mantra.


Diamond Tula isn’t a fancy, complicated design but it is finished, bound and on our bed. That’s so much better than the fabric sitting on a shelf, waiting for the “best” pattern to come along. 


I love all the crazy bright colors and the animals, especially the ‘secret’ ones hidden in some of the designs.


Most of these are from Daybreak and True Colors but there’s also some long hoarded, favorite scraps from other collections.


This is part of The Plan 2023 (here) to use up fabric from my stash. Jac and Leanne helped me get started (here), using a design idea (herefrom a tutorial I found on Instagram. 


Final dimensions are 87x95” - bigger than the usual queen-size blanket and the biggest quilt I’ve made so far. With the medium weight 80/20 cotton/poly batting, this thing is heavy and warm, perfect for sleeping under. Can you tell I love it??


1 comments:

Vickie L. Graham said...

Gorgeous...you have such a good eye for color! The pattern I ordered shipped Feb. 6 by FedEx. They have passed it along to USPS which says delivery is 3-1!!!!. Ah such service the post office provides. Ah well, maybe it will arrive sometime this spring.