1.17.2023

Bits and Bobs

Bits and bobs to get caught up . . .


We were curious how much rain we’d get in last week’s series of storms, so Pop set out our expensive, high tech, scientific rain gauge.


First storm was 1.25”, second was 2.25” and this last one, that was supposed to be “milder” but ended up hitting our area directly, was 3.25”. Grand total - 6.5” over 4 (5?) days. Hooray!


Asked hubby for help recovering my sad, ripped ironing board, thinking it would be a quick job. Not when there’s a woodworker glue involved! 

So happy with my new full-length wool pad and shiny new cover. 


Such a helper. Of course, she made herself comfy on the part I’d already ironed . . . But it also reminded me that maybe I wanted to wash that red before it had a chance to bleed all over a quilt . . .


Added a 4” border to the Tula quilt’s long sides, to make sure it’s really and truly big enough to sleep under. And maybe because I love that purple.


And finally, this made me literally laugh out loud. Happy January, y’all!

0 comments: