12.28.2022

Magnificent Fails

I want to say up front that this is mostly Jaclyn’s fault, with an able assist from Donovan. For the holidays every year I make my mother’s peanut butter candy (among other treats).


It’s tricky and you have to pay attention to the recipe, NOT to what Jac and Donovan are talking about in the next room (they were hilarious, as always). Which is how I came to mix all the ingredients together (not just the first 5) and cooked them until it reached the soft ball stage. I figured out my mistake about three-quarters of the way through, but what the heck, might as well keep going, right?


It was fantastic!! Better than the original (sorry Mom), with a kinda peanut butter caramel flavor. It never set, but the pan I refrigerated got almost firm enough to cut, and who cares if we had to eat it with a spoon?? Definitely going to try to fail at this again next year. 


But wait! There’s more. Jac and I made cinnamon rolls today . . . but she’s talking away, funny as always, expecting me to pay attention to her and somehow I missed something and after 90 minutes the dough still hadn’t risen. What the heck, keep going, right? It worked with the peanut butter . . .


Spread the dough out in a baking dish, topped it with melted margarine, cinnamon and brown sugar, and baked as usual. Fantastic. Better than regular cinnamon rolls say Pop and Leanne (and me - Jac says they’re “average”. 😂😂) Going to try to fail at this again next time too.

0 comments: