11.24.2021

Too Fun

Between sleeping, reading and relaxing with the teenager - three of my favorite activities, especially when on vacation - we’ve managed to do a few fun things.


Visited the German Christmas Market in downtown Denver. 


We were a bit disappointed that it was so small, but the day was gorgeous, 

 Photo by Addy

the food and cider were delicious - Addy discovered she loves crepes - and we got a couple of gifts, so it was well worth the visit. 


Took a tour of Hammonds Candy Factory, also in Denver. They’ve been making candies by hand since 1920 and still use the same methods, recipes and equipment today. 

 Making candy canes

I was impressed that their customers include giants like Target and Trader Joe’s. 


Part of the crew was labeling Christmas candies for TJ’s while we were there. Impressive output for a by-hand operation. 


Addy and I did batik painting, from a small company (Color Cruisers) I spotted on Etsy. 


So much fun, especially mixing our own colors from the basics supplied with the kits. 


Addy finished two pictures to my one


and she wants to do more, possibly using her own art, so I’m calling that a win for me!


I showed Addy my latest Sashiko project and her reaction was, “I could draw a design for you . . .” Oh, yes please! Rather than transfer it from paper, we went fabric shopping for loose-weave cotton and a white chalk pen. Can’t wait to start this!


And as long as we were shopping anyway, I enhanced the stash a bit too. 


Rachel has a great eye for color so I got her help picking out fabric for a bag


and a few other things that caught my eye. 


Tonight we’re going to see holiday lights, tomorrow is for eating and Friday we fly home. This trip has gone by too fast!


0 comments: