11.06.2021

Scout Tee

One of my local quilt stores offered a shirt making class this past week, so Felix and I signed up. 

I’ve tried sewing clothes before without much success, but maybe this would be my time? Hope springs eternal. 


The instructor was excellent, with a background in production sewing, and had a ton of tips and tricks to share. I got the shoulder seams and sleeves sewn in - on the first try! - during class but that left me to do the bias neck facing on my own . . . 


Of course I messed it up. Despite clipping the *facing* instead of the seam -good grief - I still managed to finish this in a day. 



It’s a bit big, especially in the shoulders and neckline, and I’d like it to be longer, but that’s fixable on the next one. 


I’m thrilled I made a wearable thing!

1 comments:

Vickie Graham said...

Looks incredible!