3.30.2020

Tools

Leanne’s school is doing ‘distance learning’, starting today, 



which meant Leanne needed a computer to keep up with her work and attend the twice-weekly class meetings on Zoom.


We love our iPads but they weren’t going to cut it in this instance. 


So Pop and I surprised her with a laptop on Saturday. Hopefully it will make returning to (distance) school - and the resulting homework - a tiny bit less painful. 


I once again changed the mask pattern I’m making. There’s so much conflicting info about what is needed and what pattern is acceptable to whom. This one is easy to make, has features I like and I can crank them out fairly quickly.


It has an opening for a filter, if the recipient wants to insert one later, and I modified it so I can add ties to some masks, rather than using elastic. (I found more elastic on Etsy! Hurray!)

I also dug out a couple of tools I’d “put away” (and then couldn’t find!) during the Great Reflooring. The Clover bias tape maker lets me make ties super quick and the SideWinder -  a gift from a friend when I first started quilting - means I don’t have to unthread and rethread my machine every time the bobbin runs out. Love them. Now if I could just find the other three (four?) different sized tape makers I own, I’d be a very happy camper quilter. 

0 comments: