Patriotic Hat

I made another Bellisfaire Beanie for Addy, trying out a thicker yarn* that's closer to what the pattern specified. 
This is the same pattern I used with my silly models (here).  Turns out, I got the yarn size correct the first time - this one is stiffer than the others and a couple of inches shorter, since I had less yarn with which to work.
Leanne was kind enough (read: bribe-able) to model for me, even though she wasn't feeling good. 
In addition to making it shorter, I added a row of white surface crochet and two buttons to complete the patriotic look.
This is more of a 'cap' than a 'beanie' but the little girls don't care one way or the other; both styles are cute, especially on them. (Yep, I'm biased.)

*I used Tahki Classic Cotton Lite (sport weight) for the first two hats and regular Cotton Classic (DK weight) for this one. 


captainhook said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
captainhook said...

So very cute!