7.16.2010

FO!

I love it when a plan - or project - comes together. When I started this scarf, my idea was to make rows of hexagons and half-hexs using two different colors of sock yarn. I used the Super Simple Hexagon pattern (here), combined with my favorite join-as-you-go method (here), and added a simple, slightly bumpy border to finish it off. The yarn - Regia sock yarn in two Kaffe Fassett colorways (here) - turned out to be DK-weight rather than the fingering weight I expected of a sock yarn. Which worried me the entire time I was making this because it was wider than I thought it should be. Turns out that's a good thing. I love how you can fold one edge to make a collar that frames your face; or fold it in half to wrap warmly around your neck; or sew the sleeve ends together to make a cute shrug; or add two more hexs to each row and call it a shawl.
I love the colors and the drape of this - bet it gets lots of use this winter.

0 comments: