8.05.2008

CBAM

I'm a little behind in posting squares for the block-a-month class I'm teaching, but I'm ahead in getting the blocks done and on display in the shop. These should go up tomorrow or Thursday.

July's block was entrelac crochet; my own design based on instructions by Carolyn Christmas. I wasn't sure about using these 3 colors together at first, but I like how it turned out.
I'm making 12 blocks, each with Cascade 220 Heathers and an "H" hook, and with luck, Dick will end up with a 'block' afghan by January.

August's square is based on a stitch pattern, one I've wanted to try for a long time. I know it as the Catherine Wheel, but I've seen it listed under other names too.

October is Log Cabin. This is another original design, this time based on the pattern I'm using to make a knit blanket for Dick. It took me awhile - and an Excel spreadsheet - to figure out my 'rules' for crochet log cabin, but I'm pleased with the results.

The block for September is still drying (photo tomorrow). It's Math Stripes - using mathematical formulas to determine stripe and row placement.
I'm math-phobic - my brain tends to shut down if I even think about adding more than 2 plus 2 - but the class I took at the Knit and Crochet Show last year was serious fun. Can't wait to do more with it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like all of them Elisa. August's is very cool. I see another shawl in my future.

ellyodd said...

Have you ever heard of dyscalculia? It's "math dyslexia". Try checking out http://www.dyscalculiaforum.com or just do a google search!