4.14.2024

Goldilocks

My big sewing machine started making funny noises and, just in case I didn’t get the hint, skipping every other stitch, so Friday I took it in for service a spa treatment.

Good news is I apparently hit a sweet spot and they think I’ll have it back in a week or so (it had been a 2-3 week backlog).

I’ve been using Big Baby, with its 9 mm feet, for all my quilting projects for, oh… 3 years now? But before that I did everything on my DC2011, which I adored. 

Too small…

Now…. it seems so small! Going back to 7mm feet feels so strange and I couldn’t for the life of me remember what the needle setting was for a 1/4” seam. 

Too big…

I have a bunch of projects in-progress but switching machines mid-stream seems (seams? 😂) like asking for trouble, plus the smaller machine can’t sew bindings (too many layers, not enough umph) which is what I’d planned to work on this weekend.

Just right

Soooooo, I started a new project.

Sew pretty! One quarter down, three to go. 


0 comments: