1.09.2024

A Kit And A Spare

Last September I fell hard for a kit SuperBuzzy put together using Mariana, a fabric collection of deep water creatures by Rachel Hauer. 

Who can resist these awesome lantern fish?!?

Quilt needs a home…

So when it came time to start my finish-it-up goals for 2024, this was the first kit I reached for. Pattern is The Anna Quilt by Jibberish Designs and it took about 4 days to complete. (Would have been 3 if I hadn’t had to rip out parts of one column three times…)

Rather than put all the leftover fabric in my stash - where it would probably sit forever - I made this cute little quilt to donate. Whoo! Another goal met.

There’s still enough fabric left to make something else (this was a very generous kit!) but … time to move on. I’ll bundle the remainders together and either make a baby quilt or placemats later this year, or put it all on the Guild’s free treasure table next time I go to a meeting. 

Fussy cutting

Not sure what I’m going to do with the Anna quilt. Don’t want to keep it (so many quilts, so little storage space), not sure I want to donate it, would love to give it someone who’d enjoy it. Sooner or later someone will say they want it, right?? 


0 comments: